Missing my little friend

On Thursday of this past week, my dog was put to rest. His name was Dude. He was a great friend. I spent time drawing him and trying to comfort him the best I could in his last days. I felt that sitting and staring at him, and sketching him helped me immensely. Just watching him try to find some peace in those last days and remembering the lines of his face, ears, and body. I felt a strong connection to him during that time, as he would rarely sit and let me draw him in his younger days. I’ll miss him more than I could possibly relate.
Gallery for September 8-17

0 comments on “Missing my little friend
  1. I had the same thing to go through in July, my love was named Bubba, and he was my very best friend and soul mate and I still miss him sooo much! Aren’t they just a love!

2. Shirley says:

A very touching tribute. This drawing will bring back wonderful memories.

3. sue says:

awwwwwwwwwwwww Dude just looks tired in the drawing. He tried so hard to fight ,but cancer is EVIL!!! He knows we all loved him. Im glad I got to know him his last 3 years. I miss you dude!!!!!!!!!!!! : ( ,but you live on in our memories.

4. Irene Brady says:

I’m so sorry — I’ve lost many small friends over the decades, so I understand how desolate one can feel just now. I hope you find cheer again soon.

5. Joan/Jesse says:

I have been to the sad place you are…it’s never easy I don’t care how well you prepare yourself for that inevitable decision day…my heart goes out to you. Time is the only thing that eases the pain of loss. The 3rd anniversary of my heart dog, Toby, was the 4th of this month…I’m still mourning for him and cried when I read your post and saw your sweet drawing of your best friend.

My Toby was there to greet him when he crossed the Rainbow Bridge where they all await to be reunited with us someday.

6. Alex Tan says:

Sorry to hear about your dog. It’s a hearty tribute

7. Patsy says:

My heart goes out to you. We have such strong ties to our 4 legged family, full of unconditional love and quick forgiveness. Your time & love with him shows in your sketch.

8. mom says:

How wonderful to know that so many people care and that so many people loved Dude. It was so easy to love him, he was such a great pet! He had a good life with you that other dogs would envy, you were a wonderful master!

9. Cathy says:

So sorry to hear about Dude, your love for him shines out of your drawing.

10. nancy t says:

I’m so sorry for your loss … I know Dude will be missed greatly. Your drawing of him is very touching. Dogs definitely move right into your heart, and I know you have a Dude-shaped hole now in yours. nancy

11. Raena says:

So sorry! I’ve been there and I know how you are feeling! This is a wonderful tribute!

12. What a beautiful drawing! Thank you for posting it and sharing a little about Dude on your blog. He sounds like an amazing friend. My thoughts are with you.

13. AnaIs says:

This post blowed me away, Marco…I can feel what you feel…Wonderful tribute to Dude